Whether you operate an essential store, luxury brand retailer, flash or pop-up store, big-box store, supermarket, or a large retail chain, the COVID-19 pandemic and its aftereffects have forever changed how you should manage your operations to safeguard against legal and insurance claims. With the holiday season approaching now is the time to make sure your operations are set up to mitigate exposure to the variety of potential risks that could impact your bottom line. Our panel will discuss the various types of claims you should anticipate and how to protect your operations from them:
· Does your insurance protect you from liability issues?
· How are home delivery, alternative delivery methods, and curbside and in-store pickup affecting claims against your business?
· What are the new issues that could cause an employee to make a claim against you?
· What steps should you take to protecting your customers and employees?
· Robert J. Baker, Partner, Chartwell Law
· Michelle Herr, Senior Litigation & Claims Administrator Risk Management/Legal, Pet Smart
· Alexis Pheiffer, Deputy General Counsel, Sprouts Farmers’ Market
· John M, Wutz, Partner, Chartwell Law