The COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact the workforce in ways large and small. This one-hour webinar will explore the most recent developments affecting the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation community. This includes proposed legislation at the state and federal level, employer’s entitlement to pandemic-related credits, and legal arguments being raised in real-time before the judges. With the benefit of a claimant’s attorney in addition to a defense perspective, the webinar will discuss novel arguments being raised by both employees and their employers. By the end, attendees will be better equipped to spot issues in their own cases and apply the strongest defenses to issues caused by COVID-19.
1. How do you avoid the "directing care" issue when providers aren't submtting medications through the formulary but you need to advise them to submit via portal?
2. Do reduced earnings count as TPD benefits towards the saftey valve?
3. Any status on virtual IME's? Board was considering allowing this but we haven't heard any updates.
4. should we still be addressing LMA formally?
5. Are you asking claimants to confirm that they are not collecting Unemployment Insurance and have not done so since their accidents? Is that enough to cut them off?
MATTHEW B. ESSLINGER, ESQUIRE, WORKERS' COMPENSATION DEFENSE ATTORNEY, CHARTWELL LAW
JONATHAN P. SPADEA, ESQUIRE, WORKERS' COMPENSATION ATTORNEY, CHARTWELL LAW
This does not constitute legal advice. Every case is unique and fact-specific, and you should consult with an attorney of your choice before taking or refraining from taking any action. Chartwell has offices in many cities and states with this webinar taking place from the Harrisburg, PA office. News reports, references and other materials noted herein are no substitute for your own investigation of relevant facts. Allegations are just that; they are not proof of any wrong doing or inappropriate practices. In some jurisdictions this is considered attorney advertising.